Thursday, September 18, 2008

Boycotts n' Things

Ever been to an empanada party? Well I just attended my fist one last weekend in Buena Park. I should be clear; I went to an Argentinean empanada party not to be confused with a Chilean or a Mexican empanada party. The name empanada comes from the Spanish verb empanar, meaning to wrap or coat in bread. Usually the empanada is made by folding a thin circular-shaped dough patty over the stuffing, creating its typical semicircular shape. Argentineans typically put beef or chicken as the stuffing, I’m not sure how many Latin American countries do this, but the Argentina empanadas were good. Brent was in heaven, I think he ate around 12.

I also ran my first 5 mile in a long time. Brent who does the 5K often was required to stay and run with me. I told him as we were running (sweat everywhere gasping for breath) that the sportsmanlike thing for him to do would be to let us finish at the house together. He agreed but at the last 10 meters he sped up to finish first. I was so pissed that he didn’t let me win, that I am boycotting his 5K run until further notice.

Top 5 things that has happened in the last week:

5. I used my Olive Garden gift card from Christmas.

4. If Michaela and Spencer get on their academic honor roll, they get Rock Band, which means I get Rock Band.

3. Britney Spears new song “Womanizer” comes out next week.

2. UCLA starts in 4 days.

1. I finally got California license plates.

1 comment:

The Duncan Proect said...

At least one of the Tate family is still willing to write about the Spears. Congrats on the race. We are stalled in our Triatholon training. So easily distracted...