Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Angelina Jolie-esque

I went to this pool party last weekend in the Hollyhood hills at a mega size mansion that looked like it would slide down the hill in a 2.0 Richter. The crowd reminded me of those Bacardi commercials where everyone is tan, pretty and has sunglasses that made a revival from the eighties. I wanted to scream mojito! just to see if everyone would jump in sync.
The pool was no bigger than 7X18 which was pretty impressive for a home that had a cliff as a back yard. Not many were actually in the pool, so I guess I attended a look at my beautiful Venetian stone surrounding the pool party. Even though the crowd was Angelina Jolie-esque, we actually ended up having a good time, I came in a party with four people, and you know safety in numbers.
I snuck a picture of the view from the pool house, it was pretty spectacular. I have to admit when I was lounging in a chair by the pool checking out the view I thought is this what P. Diddy feels like all the time?

4 comments:

The Duncan Proect said...

P. Diddy--I don't know. Last night Michaela told me she had never met anyone famous in person. Your dad said, "What about Mickey Mouse?" She said, "Oh, he is just some bum in a suit."
Don't be surprised when you see me post about this.

Anonymous said...

Steve, you are living a dream of mine! The only parties I go to is with myself, watching The Hills (that I vowed I wouldn't watch) and the new 90210 show. Yeah, pathetic.

Manda Jeann said...

What I can see is the part where you snuck the picture and tried not to let anyone see you admiring it that much...sounds fun though.

Nick said...

sounds like you're fully immersed in the Los Angeles experience. I drove past Madonna's house in Henderson once, but I didn't get to go in as you might imagine.