Wednesday, November 5, 2008

LOTR Hike

Wow what an incredible election day! At first I was not thinking much about it, but as Election Day drew closer, it was exciting to take it all in. Last weekend I went up to San Francisco with Brent for Halloween, and it poured and poured, but we still had a lot of fun. Brent and I went to one of my favorite places called Muir Woods, it's just north of the Golden Gate Bridge, We were able to see the Redwood trees and the smell was amazing. With the fog and the rain, it looked like a scene from LOTR. I even sang the theme song as we were walking through the woods. Brent seems to always get a little soundtrack whenever we go on hikes, he is grateful for it though, I mean who wouldn’t be. We were soaked by the time we finished the hike, but we were glad to get out of the city. The only regret I had over the weekend is I wish that we had flown. The Central Valley in California is one of the most boring drives in the world, it is worse than the drive to Vegas. Next time I am flying or taking Stacey's advice with the train.

On Election Day, even though I was more concerned about the Utah v. TCU game than the outcome of the election, it felt great to vote. I think one of the greatest things about America is the right to vote. Watching Obama with the acceptance speech was amazing to see how much the nation has changed. Almost like watching one generation pass the baton to another. Were in a lot different place than we were the last time we received a new President, I hope for the best.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I agree with your voting feelings. And I love the picture of you in your pancho...it reminds me of a little kid waiting for the school bus in the rain. :)

The Duncan Proect said...

I have always wanted to see the Giant Redwoods. Some day...
The kids got to go into the voting booth with me and help we work the machine. We talked about democracy on the way home and Spence was schooling us on the definition of Republic. He was a little off but...

Melissa said...

Hey, now I am paranoid and setting my blog to private. :) Send me your email address at mommymeliss@gmail.com and I'll invite you.